Developing the whole person for the Glory of God.
We believe that it is the God-given responsibility of parents to lead their children toward a relationship with Jesus Christ. Therefore, we must ensure that their educational experience directs them toward this goal. We view education as the process by which we establish that all truth is God's truth. Our school is an extension of the Christian home enabling the parents to provide a consistent Christian environment.
To glorify God by providing a quality education founded on Biblical principles: equipping our students to make a difference for Jesus Christ.
What Golden Hills Christian School is about?
- Character traits
- Scripture memorization
- Biblical principles and application
- Develop a desire to know and obey the will of God
- Develop a Christian world view
- Develop self-discipline and responsibility based on respect for and submission to God and all other authority
- Bible based curriculum
- Phonics based reading program
- Grammar and Literature
- Science and History
- Creative writing
- Integrated learning
- Hands-on approach to learning
- Math manipulatives, learning for mastery
- Music, art and physical education
Golden Hills Christian School is founded on the view of God, man and his life as presented in the Holy Bible. We believe that the chief purpose of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. However, because of man's sinful nature, we can only come to know and glorify God through the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit. Golden Hills Christian School will seek to develop the whole child with a Christian worldview. We affirm that God's Word makes clear that Christian education is primarily the parents' responsibility (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). The school functions as an extension of both the church and the home, assisting those parents who so choose, in providing a Christian alternative education for their children.
Golden Hills Christian School subscribes to a Christian philosophy of education, which is based upon the authenticity, authority, and reliability of the Bible as the complete and final revelation of God concerning all matters of faith, trust, practice, and morality. The Christian educational process must present all truth as God's truth and must interpret and integrate it in light of God's Word. All subjects are based on God's truth and will be taught from a Christian perspective. Such teaching is dependent upon the work of the Holy Spirit in the hearts and lives of the faculty, staff and students alike.
Golden Hills Christian School endeavors to maintain the highest academic standards. Our aim is to foster spiritual and moral growth through awareness, commitment, and choosing; intellectual growth through knowledge, insight, and understanding; and creative growth through freedom, responsibility, and action.
Expected School-Wide Learning Results
- Respects authority, is considerate, well mannered, and self-confident
- Demonstrates cooperation, works well with others
- Accepts consequences for his/her actions
- Understands the worth of each person as they are uniquely created by God for His purpose
- Understands God’s divine sovereignty throughout history and appreciates our country’s Christian heritage
- Desires to live a life pleasing to God and seeks to positively influence their community
High Academic Achiever
- Communicates Effectively
- Meets or exceeds academic standards for the average student
- Reads with comprehension and develops a love for reading
- Analyzes, interprets, and evaluates significant concepts
- Has accepted or has been challenged to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Knows and applies God’s Word
- Has a servant’s heart both locally and globally through missions and Christian service
- Has a biblical world view
- Demonstrates personal responsibility, time management, and organization
- Follows instructions while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Understands healthy habits and how to stay physically fit
- Views himself/herself as uniquely made in God’s image, a temple of the Holy Spirit, and treats their bodies accordingly
- Works Independently